DENTAL CARE TAILORED TO YOUR COMFORT LEVEL
We are your choice for South Calgary Sedation Dentistry
Are you afraid or anxious about visiting the dentist? Are you neglecting badly needed dental work? At ADx Dental we offer South Calgary Sedation Dentistry, so you can get the dental care you need today!
What Is Sedation Dentistry?
At ADx Dental, we offer various types of sedation ranging from oral to IV sedation. Sometimes known as Sleep Dentistry, when considering sedation dentistry, we have to look at the effects of the different kinds of sedation.
- Oral Sedation – Easy to administer, it is just a pill. It puts you into a relaxed state, while still conscious. Ideal for those with a fear of needles.
- Nitrous Sedation – Also known as laughing gas, ideal for reducing anxiety quickly and reduces the gag reflex. You are still conscious and aware.
- IV Sedation – An IV is inserted into the back of the hand an anti-anxiety sedative is administered intravenously. Drug effects are rapid, and the patient drifts into a deep state of conscious relaxation.
Who is Sedation Dentistry For?
Ask yourself the following, and if you answer yes, you may be an ideal candidate for sedation dentistry.
- Do you have high fear or anxiety about visiting the dentist?
- Have you had past traumatic experiences?
- Do you have very sensitive teeth?
- Do you have a sensitive gag reflex?
- Do you have difficulty in becoming numb?
- Do you need extensive dental work?
- Do you hate everything to do with the dental office?
Sedation dentistry is a safe and effective option for those who wish to relieve their dental anxiety or for those who want to combine many treatments –such as wisdom teeth extractions and teeth cleaning– in a single appointment. By doing so, we help you minimize downtime. We understand that your time is valuable: that’s why we have the option of sedation available, a privilege obtained by going through a rigorous certification in Alberta.
We welcome all new patients to our practice,
call us to book your new patient consult today!